Do you want to know about clean ceramic tile floors? If your answer is yes then you are in the perfect place. Here You will get complete information about how to clean ceramic tile floors.
Tile flooring can be durable and very easy to maintain, but sand and gravel may be its only drawback. If not removed, it may scratch the surface. If you don’t clean your tile floors, they could be permanently damaged. Also, dirty tiles can make a clean room look dirty, especially since grout darkens over time as it absorbs dirt.
Here Is How To Clean Ceramic Tile Floors
Ceramic tile flooring is a popular choice for flooring. They are resistant, but like all floors, they need care and cleaning. The following tips will help you clean tile floors effectively.
How to clean stains on ceramic tiles
For coffee, tea, or juice stains, wash the tile surface with hot water and detergent, then dry with hydrogen peroxide. For grease stains, wash with soda and water or a commercial floor cleaner.
For ink stains, dip a cloth in diluted bleach and place it over the stain. Keep the cloth wet until the stain disappears. Rinse well when done. Knowing how to clean tile floors properly will keep them looking good and help them last for years.
How to clean ceramic tile grout
Your ceramic tile floors will only look as good as the grout that holds them together. Homeowners can rent grout cleaning machines from hardware stores that use hot steam to thoroughly clean the grout. However, if you want a do-it-yourself method, the best way to clean the grout is listed below:
- In a bucket of water, mix powdered oxygen bleach according to the directions on the bottle. This effective type of bleach has a different chemical compound than chlorine-based bleach and is non-toxic and color safe. You can usually find this in the cleaning aisle of any grocery or hardware store.
- Apply the solution to the joints with a spray bottle or brush. For very dirty joints we prefer to use both application methods.
- Let the solution sit in the mortar for at least 30 minutes. The more you wait, the better. The oxygen ions in the bleach solution continue to function for up to six hours.
- Once the bleach solution has been absorbed, use a stiff nylon brush or an old toothbrush to scrub the grout. Scrub a small area of grout at a time, soaking up the dirty water with a towel as you go.
- Once all joints are clean, rinse the area with fresh water and dry with a clean cloth.
- Once you’re done and the floor is dry, use a grout sealer to keep the grout clean.
- You can replace oxygen bleach with a mixture of white vinegar and lemon juice or baking soda that you probably already have on hand. But in our experience, the bleach solution requires the least amount of scrubbing and is the most effective at removing stains.
What should you not use on ceramic tiles?
The biggest risk for any type of tile is harsh chemicals that can damage the finish. Strongly acidic products, such as citric acid or straight vinegar, can alter the finish. Always dilute your cleaning solutions to ensure they are safe for your tile, and avoid these cleaners entirely on natural stone or unglazed ceramic.
Also, don’t use bleach or ammonia-based cleaners on ceramic tiles. These ingredients are simply too strong and will cause damage.
It’s not just the cleaning solutions you use that are harmful. Avoid the use of harsh or abrasive cleaning tools. Steel wool, magic erasers, and abrasive sponges can scratch tiles. How can common dirt! Before cleaning tiles, especially floor tiles, always brush to remove any small particles that could damage them.
Lastly, avoid any cleaning solution that contains dyes. Some commercial cleaners may be bright blue or green or other colors that look attractive, but over time the dyes can absorb and build up on the tiles, leaving them discolored.
Professional cleaning services
Many houses today have more than one type of floor. In addition, we provide tips on how to clean hardwood floors, baseboards, and many other surfaces. Keeping a clean house takes a lot of work and your time is valuable. If you prefer to spend your time doing what you love, cleaning marble polishing is here to help. Contact us for more information.
Faqs | Clean Ceramic Tile Floors
What is the best solution for cleaning ceramic floors?
Fill a bucket with hot water, half a cup of vinegar, and half a tablespoon of dish soap. Don’t use too much soap, or the soap scum will make your floors dull. Before washing, rinse the mop head under running hot water to remove residue from the last time you used it. Wash tile floors with soap and water.
Do vinegar damage ceramic tiles?
You can safely use vinegar to clean ceramic or stoneware, glazed or unglazed tiles. However, for other types, such as terracotta, marble, or granite, we recommend that you look for a neutral pH cleaner that will not damage the material.
How do I make my ceramic floor shine?
One way to do this is a mixture of warm soapy water, using a mop and bucket for amazing results. You can also use a combination of baking soda, dishwashing liquid, and white vinegar for great results. It helps remove dirt and grime and leaves you with a shiny, beautiful floor that looks great.
Also, read this: REASONABLE APARTMENT CLEANING SERVICES DUBAI, 2022