Do you want to know how to clean matte finish tiles? If your answer is yes then you are in the perfect place. Here, you will get complete information about how to clean matte finish tiles.
Matte finish tiles are often the preferred choice due to their textured surface and rustic look. But cleaning them can be a hassle if you don’t know what you’re doing. Read on to learn about some of the benefits of clean matte finish tiles and how to clean them with minimal effort.
Best steps to clean matte finish tiles
If you hate stains and stains on your floor tiles, matte tiles are a great option. As previously mentioned, these tiles show no visible stains, smudges, or watermarks compared to glossy tiles. Therefore, they are best suited for areas that get stained easily, such as kitchens and bathrooms.
Post-Install Matte Finish Tile
Once the tiles have been laid, excess mortar and other residues must be removed. The use of cementitious solvents and commercial epoxy cleaners helps remove excess grout residue, giving the tile a clean finish.
Daily Matte Tile Cleaning
The matte tile cleaning routine depends on how you use it. For example, if you have small children and pets at home, your floors are likely to get dirty and muddy frequently. For such homes, opting for glossy tiles is a better option as they can be easily cleaned.
Matte finish tiles require more frequent cleaning and maintenance than glossy tiles. Although matte tiles do not show stains or stains easily, it takes longer to clean than glossy tiles.
- Unlike glossy tiles, matte tiles cannot be cleaned with a damp cloth. You have to make an effort to remove the stains.
- If you use matte dark colored tiles, they are more prone to dirt and soap marks. You should clean them frequently to keep them flawless. Otherwise, your floors will look sloppy and dirty.
- Use a special porcelain floor cleaner to easily remove dirt and dust marks. There are dozens of specialty tile cleaners available on the market. Be sure to use the proper cleaning solution to avoid permanently damaging the surface of the tiles.
Step-by-step guide to daily cleaning of matte finish tiles
The easiest way to clean matte finish tiles is to use a homemade solution of hot water + detergent + white vinegar. The ratio is for a bucket of warm water, add a tablespoon of detergent (or dish soap) along with a cup of white vinegar. Use a floor cleaning brush to scrub the tiles thoroughly with this solution.
After scrubbing the tiles, rinse them under running water and dry them with a lint-free cloth. You can also use a paste of baking soda and water instead of the cleaning solution mentioned above.
Porcelain tile with matte finish for deep cleaning
Thoroughly clean dull tiles once every 3-6 months, depending on usage. For a deep clean follow these steps:
- To kill mold and mildew, spray a concentrated solution of vinegar and warm water on the tiles. Let it sit for 15-30 minutes. Then continue with your daily cleaning routine.
- The accumulation of hard water can cause the development of a surface patina on the surface of the tiles. This creates a layer of dirt and stains on the surface of the tile, making it look dirty even after regular cleaning. Using a specialized tile cleaner will help you break the patina hold and keep your tiles looking like new.
With proper cleaning procedures, matte finish tiles can be kept perfectly clean for years. At Emperors Vitrified Porcelain, the No. 1 in India of ceramic and porcelain tiles, we have a large collection of clean matte finish tiles to suit all interior styles. Contact our sales team to find the right tiles for your home needs.
FAQs | Best steps to clean matte finish tiles
Are matte tiles more difficult to clean?
Cleaning. Although matte tiles show much less dirt and marks, they are actually more difficult to clean than glossy tiles. Glossy tiles are easy to clean and you can easily remove any marks quickly and effectively. With matte tiles you have to scrub much more to remove any stains that may have appeared.
How do you clean a dull floor?
The trick to cleaning dull tile is to use a mild solution of water with a very small amount of detergent and a little vinegar. In most cases, 1 cup of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of dish soap in about 4 liters of water should be enough.
How do I make my matte mosaic shine?
Whether you plan to paint your concrete or ceramic tile floor or just want to remove the shine, acid etching your floor will help you get the rough, matte finish you want.
Is it necessary to seal the matt porcelain stoneware?
It is not necessary to seal the surface of most ceramic and porcelain tiles, although some require a light application of a penetrating sealer to fill the micropores of the tile surface. However, the grouting of the joints between the tiles is generally very porous and usually made with a cement-based material.
Matte finish tiles can be a bit difficult to clean, but the functional and aesthetic benefits they bring us far outweigh this minor setback. A regular cleaning routine will ensure that the tiles don’t take a lot of work and stay like new for a long time.
Also, read this: HOW TO FIX SCRATCHES ON WOOD FLOOR | BEST INFORMATION, 2022